View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 30, 2014, 04:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkut View Post
OK, if we assume that is correct...are we really saying we should be making 50-50 calls in that situation?

I've always been told that you have to have the nuts to make the call at the end of the game, but you also have to have the discretion to make damn sure it is a 100% call when you do make it.

Seems a pretty brutal move to take a possession away at the end of a game like this on a 50-50 call.

I wasn't on the floor of course, but my initial reaction when the whistle blew was "Wow, that was kind of a weak block to call...wait, he called OFFENSIVE???" "He must have seen something I did not to make that call".

Then after replay, when I saw everything he saw, I was even more stunned that he pulled that call out in that situation. I think after replay it was simply wrong, and in full speed, it looked even worse.
Disagree completely with such a brutal assessment. Like I said, the variety of views shows how close it was.