View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 17, 2014, 08:45pm
Official Forum Member

Professional is defined by the judger, not the judgee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
In your opinion. In my opinion, there are at least 100 things more important that show professionalism or a lack thereof.
Not sure I wrote anything that would lead you to believe I was stating anything other than, all other things considered and being equal, he "looked" less professional than the other two. When standing next to the others HE looked out of uniform so, in my opinion, his appearance had an initial affect on how he was perceived. He did a great job and was professional, but the white on the shoes was distracting. If the crew all had white markings it would have looked fine, all I am saying (and what you so obviously missed) is that it did make a difference. Additionally, as I pointed out in my post, this was a person who had said to others as a trainer at a clinic that all black was the only way to go.

And, as has been pointed out by others, it is absolutely unprofessional not to dress the way your employer tells you too. I don't know how this guy was told to dress so I'm not commenting on him or on any other league, etc. But if I'm told all black shoes or no belt or grey shirts instead of black & whites or to wear a jacket for varsity pregame then, as a professional, that's what I do.