View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 11, 2014, 11:25pm
AremRed

If this is becoming a share-your-story thread I might as well throw mine in.

I had been to a friends Varsity game where the two head coaches decided to show him up by stepping out of the coaches box and talking negatively about something he said during the coaches meeting. He was opposite the table at the time (second quarter). He told me later he would have absolutely whacked them, but it took him by surprise and by the time he realized what they were doing, it was over.

So of course I have the same situation in the first quarter of my Freshman game a month later. This time both coaches were out of the box talking to each other about my partners (admittedly questionable) call from a few plays earlier. I heard them as I was headed to the table to report. So I whack both of them and they sit. A few minutes later I am table side in front of one of the benches and after the coach asks me a question I ask him "do you know why I called a tech?" (fyi I should not have asked him), and he replied "yeah".

After halftime we are watching warm-ups across the table. My partner (the R) heads to the table and I know he is gonna talk to the coaches. Sure enough he wades right in to the two coaches who are standing there chatting. I don't want to be left out so I walk over there. We end up talking for a minute and I realized that what they were saying to each other wasn't as negative about my partner as I thought. I decide to rescind the techs. When I go to the table and tell the scorer I was rescinding them she said "you can't do that." LOL!