View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 04, 2014, 10:23pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to FMadera Send a message via AIM to FMadera Send a message via Yahoo to FMadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsetter View Post
I am looking for documentation on this rule. I am thinking USAV, but other rule set comparisons would be interesting.

Here is the situation:

Team A asks R2 who is their next server? R2 checks with sk and they give him #12. #12 goes back to serve, serves an ace. Sk says wait, it should be #30 serving.

what do you do?

Team A asks R2 who is their next server? R2 checks with sk and they give him #12. #12 goes back to serve, serves an ace. Then serves into the net Sk says wait, it should be #30 serving.

what do you do?

Remember I am looking for a rule number casebook or flyer/rule interp reference. I have the answer, just need the documentation.

Enjoy.
Using the verbiage on the (albeit different) scenario in Rule 25 of the Casebook, the interp reads:

Ruling: Since this was a scoring error, the error on the scoresheet must be corrected to agree with the line-up submitted by the coach. There is no penalty or loss of rally assessed to Team S due to the scorer’s error. (25.2.1.2).

Seems to me the scorer's error reasoning would apply here. I know if this were a protest, we'd go back to the point of the error and have the team serve with the correct server, since the team made every legitimate effort to get correct information and was given incorrect information.
PAVO National Referee / Certified Line Judge/Scorer
WIAA/IHSA Volleyball Referee