View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 03, 2014, 09:30am
Official Forum Member

Two first's in one game...

AAU game 8th graders vs 7th graders. Big power forward for the 8th graders gets tied up in the pain by a skinny small forward. I come in fast as lead and blow the whistle for the held ball. Power forward is not happy leans into the kid two hand shoves the kid who goes down a split second after my whistle goes off. A lot of frustration and I say you are out of here. I have never ejected a kid in 2k games. Dead ball T, IF, or Flag T... started going through my mind. DBT or IF same consequence..... why would he shove him like that.. we just started this game.. I decide to go IF and the two score keepers... (dads) and the two coaches are starting to go at it pretty hard. My partner settles them down and Sunday I got thinking...should I have ejected this kid... This is my first IF in 2k games where it is not at the end of the game or someone just being to physical and trying to stop a shot attempt. This looked more like intimidation. It feel more than an IF and I wanted to hear some opinions here. You guys have helped my PF vs IF to the point I am super comfortable with my IF calls. Yet this IF vs Ejection line I hadnt seen before.

Crazy part is this kid was more emotional than any player I had ever refereed. He ranted, mostly under his breath after warnings for fouls against him. The second thing he did and a first for me was the butt attack. He could rebound and often lead the fast break. He was pretty good at it. And of course you know kids will fly behind a rebounder hoping when they start to dribble they might pick his pocket. This team twice shot behind him and twice he saw them coming and ejected his butt into their path and sent the smaller 7th grader flying. I was in shock the first time and ready for the 2nd one and called a PC foul. Was it the right call.

Thanks in advance for you advice on these two first's for me in 2k games...