Thread: Jim Boeheim
View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 27, 2014, 01:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
That is the society we live in. It is easy to blame "authority" or others that are not "you" than look inside and say why your actions did not accomplish something. And this is another reason this whole idea that we can "stay in the background" or be "invisible" is rather stupid. No one has talked about really anything in this game but what happened at the end of this game. And that play in the minds of many has trumped everything else. So we really need to stop setting this goal that we can "hide" and that is a good thing. This play was even talked about after Syracuse's last game. Hiding is not an option anymore. Not in this day and age.

Peace
I agree with your overall sentiment here, Rut. However, I also think it's pretty cool when we get that rare game where it's almost as if were, in fact, "invisible" that night on court. Wholly because the game had incredibly great flow and all of our whistles fit the game situations and were made because the crew was hustling and therefore in great position to see through plays.

So, in that way, I'm ok with being "invisible".