View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 17, 2014, 04:44pm
Official Forum Member

Maybe it is because I have no desire (and absolutely no chance) of ever working more than a HS playoff game in the first two rounds. At my age, they are probably not going to give me a first time regional or state assignment...and I am good with that.

In the situation put forward by the OP, there is no way in he[[ I am calling a T. If one of my partners call it I will block them as soon as I can get to a computer. If the person giving me games doesn't want to put me in varsity games in the future then I will either work JV or quit.

There are some things more important than basketball and the rules that govern the game. Would I like the head coach to plan a little better and put the kid in the book for that game...of course. Am I going to make myself look like a jerk and become a villian when the article appears in the paper and they go on and on about the official who penalized the team for trying to do something good...Nope.

But that is just me...I am certain that some (maybe many) here will view me as close to the worse official to ever grab a whistle.