View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 15, 2014, 09:41am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawhi1 View Post
The free thrower had already received the ball when I saw him and I moved down (2 man trail tableside) to free throw line too get a good look before I made the call. I understand what your saying but if we start coaching we,re not doing our job at that point. I've coach at middle school then varsity level won numerous conference and lower state and a state runner up championship. I coached my players who couldn't line up on blocks to line up from top of key back toward midcourt. I received rule books every year. Read em when I felt like it. Never saw that call until a game last year my fifth year officiating. I called it twice and heard of it being called by another official in a different game. If I see a player trying to line up but is allowed a place on the block we back him out above the three point line at top of Key. Anything else its on the coach and layer. If I start coaching I've given an advantage to the other team. The saying goes its hard but its fair.
Which is why I said 'if your partner still has the ball'. The higher level you officiate the more supervisors expect their officials to prevent these type of nuisance calls from having to be called. Its not coaching, its managing the game.