Thread: Survey Says ...
View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 11, 2014, 07:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Largely agree....a couple of exceptions....
I guess "Hot dogging" isn't really the term I was looking for, but I still don't like the change, on every single whistle a hand goes up, either open palm or closed fist. Not that timers look at us every time, but the way the rules are written, I think if you change this you'd have to change the wording on other things too, and it seems unneccessary. I don't think putting the hand up to stop the clock is that big of a hindrance that it needs to be removed.

I see your points on the arc. Personally, I think the offensive player should be allowed to complete a layup and land behind the backboard as part of the shot, and not have to worry about a defender stepping in behind the hoop late. That said, while I wouldn't mind seeing it, I understand that leaving it alone has merit too.

As for the coach's time out, not sure we'll ever see eye to eye on that one! Haha, I guess I just think of the head coach as just as much a part of the team as the players, and he should have the right to call and be granted a time out at any time.