View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 11, 2014, 12:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgame99 View Post
I don't see any bad intentions in the OP kick. His foot got higher than it should have, his momentum carried him into the defender and made contact and got caught in the jersey and should have been called a foul, but he doesn't seem to really 'kick' the guy and the contact is low. I don't see a FF1 or intentional. The punch on the shooter is an easy FF2. You are winning by 30, why on Earth are you punching a shooter?
Since when do intentions come into play? Rarely does a player "intend" to commit a foul...it happens, but most are just normally occuring during the course of play.

Since I cannot possibly know the intentions of a player I can only make a decision based on what I see...and I see a flagrant foul on the rebounding kick. I also don't consider contacting a player above the waist with the sole of your foot to be "low contact".

I also do not care about the momentum of a player. Suppose A1 is running down the floor full speed toward B1 who clearly has LGP standing (NOT MOVING) half way between the FT line and the basket. A1 leaps into the air and releases a finger roll attempt then plows into B1. Are you going to ignore the contact? Clearly the momentum of A1 carried him through the air and into the stationary B1.