View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 10, 2014, 03:47pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Whitten View Post
GV area game. Team A getting whipped by 20+ all game. In the 4th quarter, Coach A blows up and uses profanity at U1. He calls the T and he and I begin getting the free throw shooter, etc. U2 goes to A's bench to sit coach A down. Coach A says she's done and walks off her bench and into A's locker room near her bench at the end of the court. She was not ejected, she just left. Assistant coach is instructed he must remain seated for remainder of the game and we play on. After a few minutes, original Coach A comes back and starts standing and coaching again. U2 steps over to remind her she must now sit, to which she replied, "I ain't gotta do nothing!" U2 assesses her second T and ejects her.

Should we have assessed the second T when she left the bench (unsporting)? She didn't "show out" when she left...she just left.
Honestly, I would have done the same thing. Sure, you could issue her second T when she leaves (leaving the bench area), and some may say you should. I couldn't argue with that, I just don't know that I would have. Worst case scenario, she comes back and does/says something stupid. You can deal with that when it happens.

That said, if the powers that be in your area want this called when she leaves, then do it that way. Otherwise, I wouldn't go looking for trouble.