Thread: Crazy Night
View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 20, 2003, 01:54pm
Official Forum Member

I'd consider talking to the BOD about watching the hand shakes after the game. If they determine there is a possibility for problems then they should either have police assistance or do away with the post-game festivities. I think both of those options are a little out there for some leagues, but as somebody has already mentioned, what happens if a brawl breaks out?

You aren't going to get in the middle of it. You are no different than Joey's grandmother who drove in from Miami to see the game - just another set of eyes.

Could it deter problems? Yes, but I believe the reality is that it will have an overall negative impact with the heat you take leaving the field.

Always exit via the winners dugout (or perhaps the losers if the winners want to have a word with you).

After a game is over you are no different than that coach, just a guy. He wouldn't walk into your living room yelling at you like that. Don't hang around, go home.

One final note: Managers whose job depends on the game gets slack, not volunteer coaches. Sure they want to act like it's for all of the marbles, but until their families face the idea of moving to another town because of a bad season, I won't give them the same length of rope that a high school or college coach gets.