View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 05, 2014, 09:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanV21 View Post
What are respectful way to respond to a genuine inquiry.

To answer your question.. yes, I played through high school. However, I'm not going to expect every player to play the game the same way I did. And seeing as how I wasn't that good, I would hope for their sake that they don't play the game the same way.

And you know what they say about assuming, right? Not to mention the saying "expect the unexpected"?

If you don't want to CYA because you think the chances of something happening are "none", then that's your prerogative. But don't look down on me because I do.

BTW, if the offense touches the ball before it goes into the backcourt, after it has touched the defense and I have given the signal, then they should know it. Add emphasis on the word "should" if you wish. Kind of the same-difference, isn't it?
Perhaps his tone was more aggressive than needed... but we're kind of back to what you just apologized for.

PLEASE stop being motivated by a desire to instill your own brand of fairness between the offense and the defense. I can't be more direct than this --- that is quite simply NOT OUR JOB. If you're so worried about fairness perhaps you should consider that both teams are playing by the same rules. Team A has the same (perceived by you) advantages on offense that Team B will have. The rules-makers (in conjunction with coaches, who approve and suggest these changes) are tasked with the job of balancing defense vs offense - and it ebbs and flows over time. That is THEIR job. Please, PLEASE, do yours and not theirs.

West Houston Mike