View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 31, 2014, 11:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
You were the new T in a 2-official crew?

If so, you are still the trail and administering the in-bounds after the timeout. Report the timeout, get the ball, and go to the throw-in spot with the ball.

If not, you need to tell your partner where the throw-in is. You granted the timeout, it's your decision.

On top of that, during the "reporting the timeout" process, we're going to each bench, grabbing an assistant, and specifically telling an assistant where the throw in spot is -- he can pass that info on to the head coach.
The way I read it he would not be the T...when the ball is put in play he would be the L. When the rebound was controlled, he acknowledged and granted a TO request AND pointed to the throw-in spot. After reporting the TO made sure the table was aware of everything. Sounds like to me he did everything he needed to do except maybe go tell his partner to get his tail back to the throw-in spot and quit yacking.

Maybe I am reading it wrong. Around here, unless it is a really loud gym we do not tell an assistant on each team where the throw-in will take place as we have already announced that to our partner when the whistle is blown. It's not my fault if none of the 5 coaches on the bench are paying attention.