View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 31, 2014, 10:56am
Official Forum Member

Did I handle correctly ?

Working JV game with familiar partner. The game is very close (Team A down by 1). Team B shooting FT , A1 rebounds the ball in paint near FT line, Coach A calls timeout which I give (5 seconds left in game). I point to the endline for throw-in, my partner acknowleges my gesture and I go to table to report. After reporting I go to table to check on T/O situation and remind them to watch me for starting the clock (table personnel reminded me at start of game they weren't the "normal" table people and were filling in).

I go to both teams at first horn and indicate the throw in to be at the end line. Team A coach is very upset b/c he had drawn up the play for throw in just about 10 feet off of mid court. I look over and my partner is talking with a school official and hadn't moved to the end line (gym was about empty b/c of Varsity game in next town) so.................. the coach thought that was where the ball was to be for throw in. I explained to the coach that I had indicated the throw in spot but I would discuss with Team B coach. Team B coach had no problem moving it to where my partner was (he thought it was close to mid-court as well). Should I have moved the throw in to the appropriate area or handled it as I did ?

My partner was very apologetic and said "lesson learned" but it really was not a fun situation.

Refk