View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 31, 2014, 08:46am
Official Forum Member

Pre Tip Off question

Guys, first post from a rookie ref.

Last night, Middle School Varsity game, I'm the R. I go to table at 10:00 minute mark to check book. Home book is blank and no bookeeper to be found. Visitors book is on table, filled out but no scorekeeper. I ask home coach about bookeeper and filling out rosters and she says she doesn't know where bookeeeper is and they will get to it when she gets there. I wait a couple of minutes, assistant coach finally sets down to begin filling out book at 6:00 mark. She writes a few names at her leisure and begins chatting with someone in the crowd. At the 3:00 mark, I tell her she needs to complete the book now as the game is about to start. She give me a dirty look, quickly fills out the remaining spots and shoves the book toward me while slamming down the pencil. Head coach is standing there, I tell them both that there is no need to throw things, that I have been very patient and have not accessed the technical foul that they earned for not having their book ready at the 10:00 mark. Head coach says "whatever, go ahead and give us a technical" and walks off. I resist the urge to whack her and proceed to sign the book and get game started.

Would you guys have handled this situation any differently?