View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 27, 2014, 02:46pm
Stirrer of the Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
I stopped reading your post at "Referee Magazine". Other than the ads at the back, I've never found any use for any of the advice I've read in that magazine, and their rules and mechanics quizzes are more often wrong than right. Sounds like this one's wrong too.
Yeah, I used to post on another forum the mistakes I would find in each edition of the magazine. It made for some lively discussion on how screwed up their expert advice really was. After a while I got tired of reading them. I still get them since I'm a member of NASO, but they usually accumulate in the reading material basket next to the commode until I decide to empty the basket out.

I was just amazed when I saw the PlayPic with what amounts to a hybrid mechanic that is flat-out wrong for FED softball. I kinda wonder if this is a FED baseball mechanic that the writer felt (wrongly) applies equally in softball.
"Let's face it. Umpiring is not an easy or happy way to make a living. In the abuse they suffer, and the pay they get for it, you see an imbalance that can only be explained by their need to stay close to a game they can't resist." -- Bob Uecker