Thread: Fights
View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 25, 2014, 11:24am
Do not give a damn!!

Here is what happened. Of course I will not mention many specifics.

Game was late in the 3rd Quarter. We really no incidents or unsporting behavior.

Well A11 goes to the basket and is fouled by B24. A11 is knocked to the floor and A11 comes up and gets in the face of B24. Players come together and A11 kicks either B24 or one of the B players after he gets up (Flagrant foul on A11).

This all took place in front of the A's bench (visiting team) and I see A 22 come over and push a B player as he passed me to confront the B player. The B player does not react (surprisingly). A22 is given a flagrant foul as well.

Also a lot of security and administrators come in and separate players. I see the HC from B come off the bench and grab a couple of his players as he had to go on the other end of the court to do so.

While all this was going on, A10 who was on the bench came came to the confrontation, but did not appear to participate.

I can honestly tell you I have no idea if any A players came off the bench. If they did we missed it. My partner picked up the B player coming of the bench. The chaos is it happened so fast and with adults that were not directly associated with the teams, it was hard to figure out who was doing what, but we did the best we can. I would love to see the video to see if anyone else participated or even if we missed how some other actions

It took us about 10 minutes to sort everything out. I was the Referee. I told the table personnel to write down all the names and numbers for me so I could put in the report. Administration of the game was very helpful. Everyone but the kids were calm. When we explained to A's coach that he had two players ejected, he was a little upset, but not to us. The B coach who lost the coaching box was also upset, but not with us. It was a bad situation, but a comforting one too, because the people that needed to be calm were.

You are never too experienced to learn something on the court. I learned a lot by this situation.

Peace