View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 21, 2014, 09:56am
Official Forum Member

Help with odd Scenario

Last night 2 local teams played a very competitive game that went down to a last second, game winning shot. I was working a collegiate game but was inundated with text messages from fans at the game asking about an end of game scenerio:

With 5 seconds on the clock, Team A is at the line for the first of 2 free throws. The ball is in the throwers hands. The trail official is getting his keister handed to him by the coach of the team (Team B) that just committed the foul and subsequently yells for a time out. The trail, was flustered, and blew his whistle (again, the free thrower has the ball) for the time-out. The 3 officials got together and decided they would readminister the free throw and grant the time out when the first free throw was completed.

Additional information, this game allows the 14' coaching box. Coach B is at the half-court line "discussing his displeasure" with the call and Coach A is telling the officials that should be a T for being out of the box.

I will likely see the game footage in the next couple of nights, so my scenerio is putting the text message story together.

Thoughts and insight appreciated on this scenerio.