View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 18, 2014, 05:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rookie View Post
So far this season, I have had more table issues than in years past. I had 2 correctable errors in the same week when I normally would get one all season!

Both involved the score board showing 7 fouls and the player shooting the 1+1 and then the table hitting the horn saying both books only show 6 team fouls. This all happened before the next dead ball so correctable.

A weak table can make the crew look bad and lead to discussions and shot clock corrections etc...all of which makes the game more challenging to work

Any suggestions on handling the table better?
In my 11 years I've only had 2. Some tables may be less experienced than others but in my experience all that means is more "management" from the officials.

I ask the shot clock operator one question, "does the shot clock reset on a jump ball?" depending on their answer and how they answer I can tell their level of experience and knowledge. Other than that, there is NO amount of talking you can do to the table, or "teaching", that will make much of a difference in your game.

I ask the book one favor, to verbally let us know when a team reaches 5 and 6 team fouls. 99.8% of the time the will get one of these right .