Thread: 3 easy ones
View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 18, 2014, 10:15am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by so cal lurker View Post
1. Opening tip, red center hits ball past his teammate, who never secures it, OOB. Ball inbounds to white, and red gets the arrow, right?
Who ever last touched the ball had violated if the ball goes OOB. Then you give the ball to their opponent and that starts the AP. So the team that violated after the throw-in gets the next arrow.

Quote:
2. Halftime buzzer. White coach yells at referee. T. 2 FTs to start the half, and red gets the ball w/o taking into account the P.A., right?
A Technical foul Administration is not an AP throw-in. The arrow is not changed or affected by a TF situation.

Quote:
3. In H.S., no such thing as a "flagrant" foul, but an "intentional" foul is almost the same thing, right? (Is HS supposed to use the crossed arm signal?)
There is such a thing as a "Flagrant foul." The are not the same as an Intentional foul at the HS level. A Flagrant Foul in HS means the offender is ejected from the contest. At other levels that only applies to a Flagrant 2 Foul.

Quote:
4. oops,won't let me edit the title -- does CA HS use the seatbelt rule if a coach gets a T?
I have no idea.

Quote:
(In fairness, this is a Jr. High league, so in practice I think many of our refs have a minimal class, so while the rules say we play HS rules, I think in practice we play HS rules mixed with what the refs remember from TV games they've seen . . . (beautiful jump stop followed by a jump shot: traveling call and ref explains he can't jump once he does the stop?!) . . . .but I'm also trying to help my kid know what the rules are for when he's in HS and the refs actually know the rules . . . .
I do not know this for a fact, but it is possible that where you are they do not play under all NF rules and have other rules that apply to specific situations. That would not be uncommon depending on the league or the governing body if there is one over those games. I now my state is the only one I have been told that has an Elementary School Statewide Organization called the IESA. And there are often many rules that are not applied from the NF. And all schools are not members of the IESA too. So you get a lot of games with specific league or conference rules that cold apply even in these situations.

Peace