View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 17, 2014, 04:40pm
Official Forum Member

RKB, I agree with you completely, although I try to be preventative when I can. In my early days, as a younger ump, I frequently found myself inserting myself into the game (or being accused of it) by enforcing rules as written. Being picky about the defensive obstruction rule and slappers stepping out past the front of the batter's box are two examples where the call was made correctly and everyone wanted to bitch about it.

Shag, if that's the John Bennett book, it's been ordered but not received. I would question that NCAA only handles it as an appeal. I cited 8.3.3.3.2 specifically because in that case, the improper player is out + in the game. If, as you said, she is just out, what is her status?

If the defense throws the next pitch, then she is in the game when/if it is appealed, and would be out if she was on base. All other play stands. (8.3.3.3.3)

I apologize if these questions are dumb; I'm working college frequently for the first time in a long time, and "paperwork" rules always get the better of me when on the field. They never seem to happen quite in the orderly fashion the rulesets spell out.

Last edited by teebob21; Fri Jan 17, 2014 at 04:51pm.