View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 13, 2014, 03:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
If you watch the trail official - he starts to signal a 3 pt attempt but quickly drops his arm...to me this means that he recognizes that lead has the play. And from leads body language, to me he picked up the play as soon as it crossed half court and never released the play to trail. It may be unusual to see L have to come this far out of his pca to pick up a secondary match up but in my opinion this is a great call and he did a good job of making sure everyone knew what he had.
I'd venture he just put the hand down because the shot was blocked and he judged it to be legal..

And nothing from this clip tells me this is a definite foul. It appears to me there is contact with the hand either right before the release or just after the release (and in fact, it looks like he gets contact with the ball before all of that). Afterward, the shooter fails his arms in an attempt to draw the foul.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.