View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 13, 2013, 10:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
Let me put it this way. My late father was a carpenter for 53 years and I am a retired structural design engineer and worked my way through engineering school as a construction worker. Meaning if you have straight hair, I can verbally curl it; if you have curly hair I can verbally straighten it, because I have been on construction sites all of my life and you get us to the crude language that is sometimes heard on construction sites. You get my drift.

That said, the F-word is an automatic FTF when I am calling JrHS, HS, college, and youth basketball games. That has been my position for the 43 years that I have officiated basketball and the soon to be 22 years of umpiring HS and youth baseball and fast pitch softball.

MTD, Sr.
I have been a commercial lender for over a decade and am on construction sites and deal with contractors on a daily basis so I completely understand the language. Maybe that is why I am not as taken back by the use of the F word to the point of calling a FTF and an ejection. It is always a TF in my games, but the ejection seems extreme in most realistic scenerios to me. I'm not saying you are in anyway wrong, I just wanted to hear your rationale. Thank you for the insight.