View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 13, 2013, 07:20am
Esteemed Forum Member

Where's My Buggy Whip ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronny mulkey View Post
Billy, About 10 years ago, our association decided to assign all games as 3 person crews. This includes middle and sub-varsity games. The intent was to shorten the training curve. Works well down here.
Varsity coaches, especially those that win state championships with defensively oriented teams, and carry, with that, a lot in influence in the Connecticut High School Coaches Association (a strong organization here in Connecticut), don't want three officials. The Coaches Association has influence over our state high school athletics governing body, so the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference (CIAC), the state governing body, hasn't pushed the three person issue. At levels lower than that, athletic directors, and principals, don't want to pay for the extra officials for subvarsity, and middle school, games.

Until winning, defensively oriented, influential, varsity coaches change their mind, retire, or get hit by a school bus, we won't have three person games in Connecticut.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Dec 13, 2013 at 05:28pm.