View Single Post
Old Sat Jun 14, 2003, 07:26am
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:
Originally posted by Del-Blue
Ok, I have to add my 2 cents.

1. Yes PU should have accepted the appeal, no other action had taken place.
2. No need to explain further to the coach.

Now no. 3 You have got to be kidding!!!!!!! Was the PU that stupid. Why in the world would he admit the foot was pulled but wasn't going to accept the appeal. He deserves anything the coach wanted to dish out.
I agree with DelBlue, Dakota and Rachel. When you are right, insist, PU does not equal GOD.

I don't think the following is good advice for during the game. If you let the PU overrule you at the time, you are stuck with it until the parking lot.

"Being that in your circumstance the PU approached the coach, I think I would have walked over to where the umpire and coach were and said to my partner, "If a wrong call made a player enter the dugout, she has not abandoned her base running duties. You're wrong on what your saying and you sold this coach out." I would have then immediately turned and gone back to my position, fully expecting a snide remark from my partner or at least discussion of the situation after the game.

Your partner was trying to show you up and look like the big dog. You have a choice of either rolling over and being the little dog or standing up for your knowledge. Does it make for a confrontational and tense moment? Yes. Is respectful confrontation a bad thing? I don't think so."