View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 10, 2013, 11:03am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisonlj View Post
The IndyStar has a feature today showing stills of the play from the angle it sounds like Red Zone may have had. The live feed and all the feeds I saw from the press box side were inconclusive to me that Chapman tripped the runner. From angle in these stills though it does appear the contact was made.

Anatomy of a Play: Blown call costs the Colts in Cincy

Triplett never said the replays didn't show this part of the play. He just said he didn't look at it. We don't know what he did or didn't see.
That's helpful. Although I hate how they put the big blurry yellow oval right exactly where we need to see. To my memory, the angle I saw on Red Zone was lower and/or further back, and to the right of the one we see in (2) and (3) on the link you sent. On (3), I can't tell what is leg and what is hand - and to whom what belongs to (thanks yellow oval), but you sure could in the angle we saw on TV. There was definite space between the NT's hand and the RB's leg.

The view they call the "most obvious view" doesn't appear to be contact to me - and in fact is the opposite foot from the previous view - the right foot is closer to us (the camera) than the hand.

West Houston Mike