View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 01, 2013, 12:40am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffler3492 View Post
Yes, I understand his point. It's not really under different rules...just that they have a better chance of ultimately getting the play right. It's the same concept as them using instant replay for last second shots in basketball. Why not use the available evidence to get it right?

Just to use the play from the game earlier as an example...that play was a huge swing in the game. It was 23-17 Red when the interception happened. After the play was erroneously ruled a touchdown, Red went for two to make it 31-17, instead of it being White ball at the 20 and down by six. It may not have mattered anyways, as red pulled away the rest of the night...but still, there's no way to predict what would have happened.

There will be a play, someday somewhere, that will be called incorrectly on the field and affect the outcome of the game.
There already were -- in many other playoff games this year and every year. Forgive me if I don't cry me a river if a call gets missed and the wonders of instant replay don't rush in to make everything right.