View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 30, 2013, 06:45pm
I miss being on the floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLin NC View Post
You don't really think they leave all those expensive cameras sitting around out in the elements waiting for the next game to come along, do you? And a production truck parked behind every stadium in the country?

The technical equipment sitting in the replay booth is a mere fraction of the equipment necessary to pull off replay. Most state athletic associations aren't going to go to the expense or can't afford to do it. NC plays 8 finals in 3 different stadiums. Time Warner Cable broadcasts & replays the NC games but they are only in the bigger cities. The DVD copy of my state final last year basically used two camera angles, mid-field and a handheld field camera.

As I said previously, bumping to 7 man is more practical and affordable.
I'm not an idiot. Who owns the buzzer from the booth to the referee on the field? Seems to me all they need is a broadcast with instant replay capability. Correct me if I'm wrong...seems like a plug and play kind of a thing. If you or anyone else can detail the technical side of an instant replay operation, please do so.

Obviously it would be a state by state thing, depending on how the games are broadcast, if at all.