View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 27, 2013, 11:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phife23 View Post
A1 is fouled and entitled to two free throws. However, the officials indicate a one-and-one bonus situation. The first attempt is unsuccessful; B4 rebounds the ball and passes it up to B2. The error is discovered with B2 in possession of the live ball near mid-court.

RULING: The error is discovered within the correctable error timeframe, and shall be corrected. Team B securing the rebound and passing to a teammate constitutes no change in team possession. Therefore, A1 will receive the merited free throw with players in lane line spaces and play resumes from the free throw. (2-10-1a)

I dont understand how this is not a change of possession....A is in control when the error is made and B is in control when the game is stopped??? Can someone explain this.

I thought the way this error was handled was clear the lane let A shoot there second free throw give B the ball at the POI and proceed....
I thought that since we go back and take care of the error and B hasnt scored and changed the possesion back to A yet. That we can just go back a little bit and see if he makes it and if he doesnt the rebounding action of the un-shot throw decides who really gets the ball.