View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 26, 2013, 12:33pm
Do not give a damn!!

Who the best officials are is always going to be subjective. What is the basis for who is the best anyway?

I think a lot of guys who claim they should be at a certain point often are not very deserving or are not as good as they think they are.

And actually I have never heard anyone from the IHSA say that only the best work the playoffs. I have only heard what the criteria is and if you follow the criteria you will be considered. And guys thank that means working college or working other levels. Well it is one thing to work a college game with some very decent athletes in a gym with 10 people watching. It is quite another to work a HS game with 3000 and on TV. As much as I love working college games, I have never been as nervous working any of those games at the NAIA or JUCO level that I am working a big time high school game.

And I did not want to mention names, but a couple of those people you mentioned have not worked any further than me. Actually some of those individuals are not holding me back at all.

Peace