View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 22, 2013, 04:18pm
Official Forum Member

We are instructed to step in and "run interference" for a partner if they T a coach. There are two reasons given; 1: many officials get their juices flowing then they T a coach and it gives them a chance to gather themselves 2: if said coach continues and earns a second T it doesn't look like it is a personal thing between him and one official.

I actually had two partners in a camp game get blasted by the evaluator becuase of this. We had a quite game until about 2 minutes remaining. Coach goes off after an obvious call and almost meets me near center court. Before I can even report the foul and tech he is losing his mind and calling me a racist. I keep waiting for a partner to show up but nope. An AC runs out and I think he is going to try to pull the HC back...wrong. He starts yelling so I pop him. About that time a dad comes on the floor and grabs the HC but AC keeps going...T number 2...both are gone. Dad that started off helping turns around and starts yelling at me...that is when some evaluators run out and grab the dad. I call the game and point to the door. Our evaluator gets into the hallway about the same time we do and I yell "Where the he l l were you two?" Evaluator stops me and said "I got this" and lets them have it. Before he stopped I actually felt sorry for them.