View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 22, 2013, 10:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE Minnestoa Re View Post
We always have the non-technical calling official deliver the reminder. I think the coach is probably irked at the calling official anyway so we don't want to throw salt into the coach's eyes.
This is a HS mechanic that kinda irks me. The FED's mindset is utter balderdash. The coach just earned a technical and the calling official must now tuck tail and run away and let his partner deal with the coach. Their reasoning makes sense for kids, but for adults each party needs to take personal responsibility for their actions.

Way to often in these situations the appearance of "impropriety" is put squarely on the officials shoulder, when it's the coach that just did something to earn him a T, and it's the coach that's upset, and it's the coach that's running his mouth saying inappropriate things.

What salt are you throwing in the coach's eye for providing him the penalty he just earned and then seeing it through by telling him to, "sit the @#$@$ down." [I provided a paraphrase, something more suitable should be used but the message is the same ]