Thread: WS obstruction
View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 04, 2013, 04:40am
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler View Post
Okay, I'll type slower for you. The ball, and Craig arrived as Middlebrooks was making a play on the ball. The ball even hit Craig causing it to veer into foul territory. The ball only missed Middlebrooks glove by a few inches. Craig made the initial contact on the play, knocking Middlebrooks to the ground. It doesn't get more clear cut than that. Some are trying to add words into the definition of the obstruction........that all I saw.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that if obstruction wasn't called the Cardinals wouldn't have gone out, and argued the non-call. They were so surprised at the call of obstruction being made in the first place. They acted like Xmas came early..............and what difference does it make what level of ball I work. What level of ball do you work?

Steven:

With all due respect, I do not know what video you have been watching but every video that I have seen of this play shows no contact between Craig and Middlebrooks until Middlebrooks obstructed Craig on his way from 3B to HP.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio