Thread: WS obstruction
View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 04, 2013, 01:37am
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
Can you show us a still picture or point to the part of the video where it shows this? I have watched it over and over and Craig never knockes Middlebrooks to the ground.

For what it's worth, I can't stand the Cardinals and I firmly believe this call was right.
He didn't hit him with his spikes. He hit him with his right knee when he was coming up, and Middlebrooks was reaching for the ball. It doesn't take a lot to knock a fielder down in that position. I would hate to think a MLB F5 is so uncoordinated he slipped like he was ice skating on dirt..........this play is the same thing at any base. Untangle, and let them play, though they weren't tangled. You and others ignore the fact that Craig was using Middlebrooks as leverage to stand up to begin with. Craig was trying to go forward, and stand up at the same time. The clumsy bastard.

I've posted video a couple of times with the link. You're just going to have to stop it, and rerun it. If you look close you will see that Craig got up, and then fell on top of Middlebrooks. He didn't initially trip over Middlebrooks until after he fell the first time with no help from anybody.

Last edited by Steven Tyler; Mon Nov 04, 2013 at 01:57am.