View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 31, 2013, 11:26pm
(Something hilarious)

NCAA-W AR 104 and 106.A lead me toward saying it...I still don't know. Someone smarter than me provide some amazing insight here.
Quote:
A.R. 104. A1’s throw (pass) from behind the three-point line is deflected while in flight by:
1. B1; or
2. A2, both of whom are located inside the three-point line.
RULING 1: When a ball thrown (passed) in the direction of the basket from behind the three-point line with the possibility of entering the basket from above is deflected by a defender, a three-point goal shall be counted. However, if there is no possibility of the ball entering the basket from above and the “deflection caused the goal to be successful, a two-point goal shall be counted.
2: When a thrown (passed) ball is deflected by a teammate and the goal is successful, two points shall be awarded.
When a passed ball hits the ring and does not enter the basket, there is no reset of the shot clock.

A.R. 106. A ball passed from behind the three-point line:
1. Enters the basket from above and passes through;
2. Is deflected and enters the basket from above and passes through; or
3. Strikes the side of the ring or the flange.
RULING 1: A three-point goal shall be counted.
2: When there is no possibility of the ball entering the basket from above and the deflection causes the goal to be successful, it shall be a two-point goal. However, when a ball is passed in the direction of the basket with the possibility of entering the basket from above and the deflection does not influence its success, a three-point goal shall be counted.
3: The ball shall remain live. In each case, when a passed ball hits the ring and does not enter the basket, there is no reset of the shot clock.