Thread: Cross Reffing
View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 10, 2003, 09:31am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to fletch_irwin_m

JR
I think we are saying the same thing just differently. I do not see very many "fat" D1 officials, but they are out there. I think it is bad for the game and profession to have "fat" people running up and down the court. Maybe I can phrase it like this: If you rate yourself a 10 on the athleticism scale, your chances of making D1 mens OR women's is good. If you rate yourself an 8 then your men's side chances go down more then the women's side. Being an 8 probably means that you are still pretty athletic, but may be a step slower then a 9 or 10. I would rate myself about a 6.5 or 7 because I need to lose about 10 to 15 more pounds (Hey I have already lost 35) but I can still get up and down the court, have very good cardio, but know for a fact I am not fleet of foot so I hustle my butt off. Once I drop the weight which in turn will cause more toneness I should fit close to the mold "they" are looking for on the women's side. Plus, I think I will really like doing the women's side as much if not more then the men's side. (Preference I know)