View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 30, 2013, 11:01am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes View Post
As described in the original post, I do what is stated above, when it is obvious no one else touched it after the tip. If there is the possibility that someone else touched it going OOB, I'll get together with my partner and let him know what I saw on the original shot/tip, but if there was another touching prior to the ball going OOB, I'l leave it up to him to decide what he saw.
When you give a signal, if you are wrong or if your partner saw what you saw, but you did not see last action, now if they stay with that original call you have really put that officials in a bind.

I had this happen a long time ago with a very good official and he gave a signal because he saw the initial action. He did not see the the very last action or the ball going off a players face right over the end line. I did not even signal the change and when I asked my partner after the game, "Did you see the ball off his face on that play?" He said no and I told him if he would have just come to me I would have been able to get that play right. After all, that is the goal.

Peace