View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 24, 2013, 10:17pm
This IS My Social Life

Used To

Quote:
Originally Posted by constable View Post
Does anyone actually have the coaches come out for the captains meeting?
Yes. Used to. Former partner and I made this a regular practice and we never had a problem with any coach refusing to come to a coaches and captains "Cum Ba Ya" meeting in front of the table. None. Zip. Zero. Nada. It was an option, we tried it, liked it, and it worked well . . .

. . . until . . .

We ran into a streak of three or four guys assigned as our third man who, without any evidence, just plain decided ahead of time without ever trying it that it wouldn't work...that coaches would refuse to cooperate and participate, that the idea was stupid, that (blah, blah, blah). Since the locker room pregame wasn't the place to waste time rationalizing the benefits of the situation, we just stopped doing it. The problem wasn't with the coaches or the players, but with stubborn officials who were too thick-headed to at least try something different.

One thing, among others, I liked is that "equal time" was assured with each coach because we met with them together. If one coach, as when we meet seperately, had a question we took time to answer, the other coach didn't have to stand over there staring and stewing and assuming his rival is sucking up to us the whole time. I liked that benefit.

Reverted back to the old way now, though I reserve the right to resume the fight for it whenever I want to. Because it's an option.

Last edited by Freddy; Thu Oct 24, 2013 at 10:28pm.