View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 13, 2013, 09:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooternes View Post
I think I learned something from your post. At the end of a quarter, if a foul happens you should either put time on the clock or wipe off the foul unless it is a shooting foul. In this case, FT(s) are shot with no time on the clock. Basically, you can end a quarter with foul shots but can't end with a common, non-shooting foul.

Now, I am sure that this has been discussed at length, but how do you decide how much time to put back on the clock if you are unsure?
No, you don't wipe off the foul. What I was trying to say was either the foul happened before the horn (LED light, red light) or it didn't. I did err in terms of putting the time back on because I was thinking in NCAA/monitor terms (sorry, lots of meetings recently).

As I look at the OP again I see an issue regarding the wording. It’s completely possible to have a foul with 0:00 on the clock but no horn (no tenths of seconds on the clock), meaning by rule the period isn’t over so it’s not a CE situation…yet. I’m assuming what you meant was foul then horn immediately after but that’s a different scenario than the one in the OP.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)