View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 13, 2013, 02:24am
C'mon man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMetFan View Post
First, if the foul was a common foul and you're adjudicating it you should put time back on the clock. It's either before the horn or after.

As for how to handle it...

2.10.1 SITUATION C:

A1 is fouled with one second remaining in the second quarter. Team A is awarded a throw-in and A1 passes the ball inbounds to A2, the horn sounds ending the quarter. As officials enter the court from the half-time intermission, the scorer informs the Referee that A1 should have been awarded one-and-one bonus situation.

RULING: The error is discovered within the correctable error timeframe, and shall be corrected. A1 is awarded a one-and-one bonus situation with the lane cleared. Resume play from the point of interruption, which is an alternating-possession throw-in to start the third quarter. (2-10-1a; 2-10-6; 5-6-2 Exception 3)
I think I learned something from your post. At the end of a quarter, if a foul happens you should either put time on the clock or wipe off the foul unless it is a shooting foul. In this case, FT(s) are shot with no time on the clock. Basically, you can end a quarter with foul shots but can't end with a common, non-shooting foul.

Now, I am sure that this has been discussed at length, but how do you decide how much time to put back on the clock if you are unsure?