View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 05, 2013, 05:16pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Hard Foul ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I've never used the excessive contact signal; the only reason I even know it exists is because of the interwebs.
I probably only use the intentional foul excessive contact call once, or twice, a season. It's a great tool to have in your tool belt.

It's perfect for the defensive player, who is going for a block, but in a reckless manner, and knocks the shooter four rows into the bleachers. We have been taught to state, "Hard foul", along with the arms down signal.

This will often prevent some of our more knowledgeable coaches from questioning us about his player, "Going for the ball". It also helps with the less knowledgeable coaches who still question us about his player, "Going for the ball", when we can defuse the situation with a simple, "I called a hard foul coach". Of course, some coaches lack any rational reasoning ability, and no signal, or mechanic, is going to defuse the situation, in which case we can offer to serve the coach some tea. "One lump, or two, coach?"
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Oct 05, 2013 at 05:18pm.