View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 16, 2013, 03:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I'd be curious to find out what the prescribed remedy would have been here. The R should have been a bit more adamant about the situation. I don't see any possibility of flagging the defense here, and I doubt that's the prescription. In order to justify that, the U would have needed to ask for the ball, right? I could be wrong on this, though.
Actually, I don't think flagging the defense for laying on the ball once the umpire told him to get off would have been inappropriate. Of course, this would have required some awareness of the clock on the umpire's part - something that was clearly not there since he felt it was a great opportunity to chat up the other defensive player rather than getting the ball.

Quote:
No one said it made it ok. Only that it explains it. And that it was avoidable for the players. IOW, don't do something weird that might confuse the refs, even at that level.
It's not always possible to read what Jeff really does mean ... but several of his comments came across (to me at least) as saying the QB's idiocy DID make it OK that the officials screwed it up.
Quote:
Oh, and we objected to the inital (and repeated) claims that they should never work again.
I do too. Right with you on that one.

West Houston Mike