View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 15, 2013, 05:58pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk314 View Post
How can I possibly be more clear?

Stave took the knee with 15 seconds left. The pay wad immediately whistled dead. Stave went back to the line to snap the ball to spike it to stop the clock, but was unable to do so because the officials let an ASU player lay on the ball for 7 seconds. The officials at that point should have either flagged ASU for delay of game or simply stopped the clock to properly spot it.

All of this could have been fixed, but the officials were in too big of a hurry to get off the field instead of doing their jobs.

No guarantee that Wisconsin makes the field goal, but it's nothing short of a total screwjob that they were denied the opportunity.
I do not know what letting 15 seconds as you say has to do with getting off the field. If the time went off that much, then they should have stopped the clock. But when the next play is run you cannot go back and fix that, which is why I put this on the QB for his actions. He did something so unusual, it took everyone a few seconds to figure it out. And I did not say that the officials could not have handled it better, but they certainly had a player do something so silly. If anything it should have been a fumble and the game was over as ASU would have had the ball. But the officials blew the whistle so that ended that possiblity. If anything this is on Wisconsin IMO. And I do not find outrage in something they created or did not teach properly. At some point players have to know the rules and leave no doubt for the officials. Because the situation was so unusal, this put the officials in a spot where they would have made no one happy. Becaues if they stopped the clock like you say, then Wisconsin gets time to kick a FG which would have ended in controversy as well. Sorry, no sympathy for Wisconsin on this one.

I understand exactly what you are saying, I just do not agree with you. I do not see this as a travesty or something the officials are responsible for. Sorry, I saw the play and was like WTF is the QB doing?

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Sun Sep 15, 2013 at 06:01pm.