View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 06, 2013, 08:17am
This IS My Social Life

Right On

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAREF View Post
If this happened in my game it would be a re-jump between Red #15 and White #30. In my judgement there was no control prior to the held ball.
Correct assessment of the proper ruling!

Just one side note rant...
I truly detest hearing that phrase "in my game...". That phrase I've too often heard around our area to egocentrically justify calling/no-calling something contrary to clearly established rule, procedure or protocol. As if "my game" carries some exceptional weight that out trumps what you "in your game" -- "if you dare be so stupid as to disagree with me and my disregard for an obvious rule".

"In my game, we don't call 'Carrying the Ball'". "In my game, we don't give charges when the collision occurs under the basket." "In my game, we don't call three seconds." "In my game we don't care what kind of accessories they're wearing." Blah, blah, blah.

However, "your game" would be marked by a correct application of 7-3-2 in the above sitch. As infrequently as it occurs, it is something to pregame so that when it happens the crew gets it right in "your game." Excellent analysis!

Last edited by Freddy; Fri Sep 06, 2013 at 09:56am.