View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 30, 2013, 08:29am
Stirrer of the Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkdulai View Post
Maybe our high school association is a little different but we are told to get your partners attention if a rule was misinterupted. We are told to try to get things right. I would still do things that's way. I don't know where this "umpires are always right" came from. I would rather learn from a mistake then just go on assuming I am right.
First off, what you hear from your high school association does not necessarily apply in a LL game. The rules and procedures have differences. What may be perfectly acceptable in a high school game may be totally inappropriate in LL play.

Yes, you should try to get things right. But in LL Tournament play, the proper procedure to start that process is for the manager to lodge a protest, not for an umpire who had no role in the play to come in and try to make his/her partner change the call.
"Let's face it. Umpiring is not an easy or happy way to make a living. In the abuse they suffer, and the pay they get for it, you see an imbalance that can only be explained by their need to stay close to a game they can't resist." -- Bob Uecker