View Single Post
Old Sun Aug 04, 2013, 02:48pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Not the same at all...not standard and not correct are completely different. Yes, it may not a matter all the time or even much of the time.

One misinforms, the other is just different. It certainly isn't as bad as letting a player take 3-4 steps after they end a dribble, however.
What does steps have to do with this rule? And if we are counting steps now, why do coaches often use, "He cannot take one and a half step....." when describing traveling? Have you ever called a travel and talked about "steps" before? They obviously got that from some place and it was not necessarily from an official.

Quote:
That much we get. You're a lost cause. You'll do what you want even if it isn't correct and causes problems for others because you don't want to change. Fine. Someday, you'll have a situation where something happens in a game that you have to deal with because other officials don't do it right. Of course, you'll blame them. Just remember you are one of them.

Ask the coach I T'd for insisting the player on the other team couldn't move.
If you want me to simply agree with you, then yes I am a lost cause. Once again, I have never had an adverse situation to saying "Don't move" to a player. I have never T'd anyone for saying that. I have had to T someone because they felt they could take the ball out anywhere along the end line and expected me to give the ball to them where they want to (go to the other side of the lane). But that is something that happened almost 10 years ago and has not been an issue since. I do not base my officiating philosophies off of one incident that is not happening all around me in some capacity. And other than this site I have never had this conversation and do not see myself having it anytime soon with the people I work with or around. And the situation I have described, I have never heard of a person complain of having a similar communication break down that I once upon a time.

Quote:
Just because it works for you doesn't mean its right.
Right and wrong is still subjective. It always has been and always will be. If it was not the case everyone would believe in the same God and practice their religion (within the same religion mind you) the exact same way. So why do we think this issue is any different?

Peace