View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 03, 2003, 03:39pm
9 times

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Stripes, the post has nothing to do with liking or disliking him. He's simply the one who always voices the "I don't like women's sports" side of things on this board, that's all. So when I saw this "I don't like the WNBA" article, it seemed natural to attribute it to him. Doubtless there are others (like yourself, apparently) who prefer to watch men's sports than women's, and there's nothing wrong with that; Rut just says so more often than most on this board. That's all.
My reference for "you" was not directed at you personally, Chuck, but rather at the collective "you" of the board folks. I agree that he voices his opinions more than most, but he has taken this stance and stuck with it, even in the face of ridicule and scorn for doing it. In today's politically correct world where it is not ok to not like something because of a gender based reason, I respect him for doing that. The fact that the NBA's $$ are backing it and forcing down basketball fan's collective throats is the only reason, IMO, that the league has survived. The products is not very good and is not entertaining IMO. I agreed with the writer of the article almost 100%

I personally prefer sports on a case by case basis--women's tennis and volleyball are two that I prefer to their male counterpart sports.

1999 (2x), 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019