Thread: Punt question
View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 17, 2013, 11:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
ajmc,

Do whatever your local association, crew or area allows.

If you are looking for answers, you have been given them by many here. If you do not want to accept them and think there is something more, then use that logic that works for you. No one here is really likely to work with you or have much to say over what games you get or do not get. Same applies to me if I have an interpretation or philosophy.

Do what you see fit. Not much reason to keep debating what is clearly there in my mind. If it is not in your mind, then do what you need to do. I just think that is not the intent of the rule and will not rule accordingly.

Peace
Keep in mind you are debating with a clock operator. He doesn't have to make this call on the field.

I don't believe there is any rule support to say touching by an R player is ignored because another R player was blocked into the ball by an opponent. The exception only applies to the guy blocked into the ball. That seems pretty clear to me. Plus the sound philosophy I've heard is the block of the R player into the ball had better be a signficant block where he completely loses control of his body. That makes even that call a very unlikely one.