View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 24, 2013, 12:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outathm View Post
The conversation was quiet, on my end. It was not across the field, as I never do that except in a Pulled foot type of situation.

I also did the hand over the mouth thing. The coach was not close, my partner told him, "Sorry, I couldn't see a tag", after he told me.

I went for help because, at this point, I was done with this tournament. The number of things that were wrong with this tournament on the Umpire end would take ten threads.

I can promise everyone on this board, and those that are here that have worked with me will concur, I do not go for help just to ask, I will NEVER do this again.
FWIW, it is very important to ask the question the right way, since by going to your partner you are "admitting that you might have gotten it wrong" (I know you weren't, but that's what everyone is seeing).

I think the better way to handle the conversation with your partner would be to say, "I saw a tag, did you see her MISS the tag"?

That way instead of him saying " 'I couldn't see a tag," (which was all the coach wanted to hear - he never payed attention to "the runner was in the way" " your partner's answer would have to be "I didn't see her miss the tag".